Managers need finance to find funding sources for their firms, to identify and manage risk, and to decide whether to make capital expenditures or produce new products. Individuals use the principles of finance to set long-term financial goals and to make personal investment decisions. Areas of study in the field of finance include financial management, banking, planning, investments, insurance, money flow, real estate and financial services.
|Public Relations and Fundraising Specialist||5-8%||$52,530|
|Sales Agents, Financial Services||9%-13%||$38,950|
|Sales Agents, Securities and Commodities||9%-13%||$38,950|
Average median salary should not be expected for an entry level position.
Connect to Internship Opportunities
- Anderson Career Services Blog
- LinkedIn Student & Recent Graduate Jobs
- New Mexico State Personnel Office
- USA Jobs
Local and National Employers of Finance Graduates from Anderson
- Air Force Research Laboratory
- Central New Mexico Community College
- Sandia National Laboratories
- University of New Mexico
- US Bank
- Wells Fargo
Professional Organizations/Student Organizations
- American Finance Association
- Association of Finance Professionals
- Commercial Finance Association
- Financial Management Association
Connect with Anderson Alumni
Finance Faculty Advisor
- Hsuan-Chi Chen
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (505) 277-4702
- Office: MCM 3084
- More Information & Office Hours »
- Bio: Dr. Chen received his Ph.D. in Finance from the University of Florida in 1999 and joined the faculty at UNM in 2007. Professor Chen has published in a number of Finance and management journals, such as Journal of Finance, Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Journal of Banking and Finance, Financial Management, Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, among other publications.
Professor Chen is in the editorial board of Asia Pacific Management Review and Journal of Financial Studies. Professor Chen is also an "Ad Hoc Referee" for a number of journals such as Applied Economics, China Economic Review European, Journal of Finance, among other finance journals.
He teaches a number of finance courses, including International Financial Management, Equity and Capital Markets, Derivatives, and Seminar in Futures and Options.